Monday, April 25, 2011

Writing Seminar Blogs Part 3: March 1 to March 24

I know the formatting of this blog is a little off. I copy and paste it from the class blog and it doesn't always translate well. I'm sure you guys will forgive me.

Post on March 1 2011
Created on Tuesday, 03/01/2011 12:27 AM by Blake Ellison

Today I took my OPIM midterm. I felt pretty good about it, but it's the type of class that even the easy questions can be tricky. I'm sure there's at least one question that I'm sure I got that will come back marked incorrect. Oh well, it's over now. Since, it's been a cram session of BPUB. Is anyone else completely terrified of this test? I sure hope so. The only thing we have going for us is the curve :(. Good luck everyone! I hope your last week before spring break started well!



Post on March 2 2011
Created on Wednesday, 03/02/2011 12:37 PM by Blake Ellison

To everyone talking about Pandora, I couldn't agree more! I actually used all of my 40 free hours last month so I coudn't use it for a couple days. I listen to it all the time while I'm doing homework or even just hanging out around my dorm. My favorite station is a personal country station. It plays great song after great song. I love it. I love Pandora.



Post on March 4 2011
Created on Friday, 03/04/2011 12:31 AM by Blake Ellison

Right now I'm packing to go home tomorrow and watching the Jazz game on TV. Life is good after midterms. In the midst of the last two weeks of ridiculous amounts of work and studying, I forgot that it's actually awesome that we attend Penn and live in Philly. I love the campus here! It's beautiful, really. Still, I'm really looking forward to going home. I've missed my friends and feel as though I've earned a break.



Post on March 4 2011
Created on Friday, 03/04/2011 12:34 AM by Blake Ellison

I need to post again because I forgot to once this week. I think the reason I've reinvigorated my happiness to be here at Penn is because I'm training to be a Kite and Key tour guide. It's really fun to help high school kids in their college decision process. Especially because it hasn't been that long since I was going through it! Well, I'm off to finish my preparations to head out. Have a good break everyone!



Post on March 14 2011
Created on Monday, 03/14/2011 11:13 AM by Blake Ellison

I know I'm sort of jumping on the bandwagon, but wasn't spring break amazing? It was a much-needed recess from the two weeks prior. I miss home already, especially in the face of piles of homework and other chores that need to be done. There are things to look forward to, however. Warm weather is definitely one of them. March Madness is another (you should all sign up for the bracket challenge!). It is unbelieveable that we onlly have two more months left in our freshman year here. It seems like it went by so quickly! Oh, summer is going to be wonderful. See you guys in a few hours!



Post on March 15 2011
Created on Tuesday, 03/15/2011 12:27 PM by Blake Ellison

I know what you mean Gil, there's an atmosphere of stress around here that it hard to take some times. We've only been back a day, but we already have so much to do! For whatever reason, I'm extremely tired. I'm not sure how that's possible because I've gotten 18 hours of sleep over the past two nights! Still, I'm having a hard time focusing today. Yawn!



Post on March 18 2011
Created on Friday, 03/18/2011 12:13 AM by Blake Ellison

I'm really tired. I forgot to blog. I am currently blogging. I love March Madness. I want sleep. It's been real. Have a good weekend everyone.



Post on March 21 2011
Created on Monday, 03/21/2011 1:02 PM by Blake Ellison

I just submitted the Synthesis Paper and I feel like it was kind of a weird assignment. I'm not exactly sure why, but I had a harder time with it. Maybe I just didn't understand it or something. In other news, my bracket has been absolutely destroyed by the losses of Pitt and Texas, among others. Finally, my best friend is coming to visit for the week tomorrow. I'm really hoping we don't get much work for this class today. *cough cough hint hint Dr. Paletta!* See you guys soon!



Post on March 22 2011
Created on Tuesday, 03/22/2011 9:18 PM by Blake Ellison

My friend from back home arrived here in Philly today. It's really awesome that he's here and kind of crazy! There's a bit of a mixture of both spheres of my life. I hope you all have a good night!



Post on March 23 2011
Created on Wednesday, 03/23/2011 2:54 PM by Blake Ellison

The rain is getting be down a bit. After last Friday, I was looking forward to the following weeks to be full of sun, warmth, and shorts. Alas, instead we have raincoats, sweatshirts, and rushed walking from class to class. It's ok though. I'm more ahead on homework than I have been all semester! That means I get to relax a bit. See you guys in a half hour!



Post on March 24 2011

Created on Thursday, 03/24/2011 12:58 PM by Blake Ellison

It's hard to believe that it's already Thursday! Doesn't it seem like the week is going by really quickly? My roommates and I are going to watch basketball at Chili's - I can't wait. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well. Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment