Sunday, April 17, 2011

Writing Seminar Blogs Part 2: February 7 to February 25

Post on February 7 2011
Created on Monday, 02/07/2011 10:38 AM by Blake Ellison

Well, here's the beginning of a new week! It seems like the weeks are flying by. One moment I'm waking up on Monday and next moment I'm checking the clock every 5 minutes in BPUB recitation on Friday. Each day in between is so busy and packed that the time just flies out of the window! That's what makes weekends so enjoyable. The last couple of days were great. I hung out with friends, visited DC on Saturday, and had a great day at church on Sunday. I couldn't ask for more except that the next weekend come quickly. Please?



Post on February 8 2011
Created on Tuesday, 02/08/2011 12:58 PM by Blake Ellison

So yesterday, I made a vow to Kenny that I would rewrite a sentence from the plagiarism exercise several times to spite him. I don't want to spend too much time writing it, but here are a few:

Original sentence: One thing that I was surprised to find out about plagiarism is that students are not the only guilty parties.

- Surprisingly, students are not the only ones guilty of plagiarism.

- I was shocked to discover that students are not the sole users of plagiarism.

- Students, however, are not unique in their use of plagiarism.

- Blame for plagiarism rests not only upon students, but others as well.

- Those accountable for plagiarism include more than students alone.



Post on February 10 2011
Created on Thursday, 02/10/2011 12:23 AM by Blake Ellison

Whoa, I almost forgot to blog for the day! Well, as we took notice of in class, today was my birthday! Thank you all for the comments on the blog (this counts as a response I think), the singing, and thank you Dr. Paletta for the cupcakes! Other than Writing Seminar, I enjoyed a good surprise party in my room by my friends. I was actually surprised! It was a lot of fun and the cake was good too! Well, unfortunately I have a lot of work so I'm off, but thanks again everyone!



Post on February 15 2011
Created on Tuesday, 02/15/2011 10:50 AM by Blake Ellison

I tried to blog but apparently Blackboard wasn't a fan. This last weekend, I was in Texas for a cousin's wedding. Honestly, Texas is one of my favorite places in the world. There's just no place like it. I love the atmosphere and the accents, not to mention the weather! I already miss the Lone Star State.



Post on February 15 2011
Created on Tuesday, 02/15/2011 12:32 PM by Blake Ellison

I wish I could go to Texas for spring break, Kristin. I'm going back home though, which will be good. Penn's spring break is really weirdly timed though. All of my friends are going to be in school over the week that I'm there so I'll awkwardly bother them at college, I guess. Some good news, my best friend is coming out for their Spring Break, the week after ours. I'm stoked to show him around Philly and Penn.



Post on February 16 2011
Created on Wednesday, 02/16/2011 1:06 PM by Blake Ellison

I think I might be losing my mind. Between homework, extracurriculars, and the gym, I really don't have time to sit and think, or organize for that matter. I feel like I need a super organizing session to sort out when I'm working, when I need to shadow admissions tours, when I have class, etc. There's a lot to do and not enough time to do it. I think I might have mentioned this before. Sorry for being repetitive!



Post on February 17 2011
Created on Thursday, 02/17/2011 1:06 PM by Blake Ellison

Justin, I totally agree, days with no BPUB are pretty much the best thing ever. I have math in 20 minutes and then I'm done with my day! No follow-up whirlwind of microeconomic confusion today! I'll take that quality time to knock out some homework and, if all goes well, relax a little bit. I'm not setting my hopes that high though.



Post on February 21 2011
Created on Monday, 02/21/2011 11:40 PM by Blake Ellison

I nearly forgot to blog today! I'm really busy with homework tonight. I think I will be for the next week straight. Life is good though! I'm sitting in my room listening to some awesome country and doing work. That's Penn, right? Well, it's good to be here really. We're lucky! Obviously my thoughts aren't too coherent right now. BPUB has scrambled my brain.



Post on February 22 2011
Created on Tuesday, 02/22/2011 11:12 PM by Blake Ellison

So, a bit of a confession... For my birthday last week, one of my friends bought me a huge Taylor Swift poster. I have the hugest celebrity crush on her. I would do crazy things to go on a date with her. Seriously. Who doesn't love a talented, virtuous, and beautiful country singer? Now her poster is hanging by my desk along with pictures of friends and calendars. All is right in the world.



Post on February 23 2011
Created on Wednesday, 02/23/2011 3:12 PM by Blake Ellison

Right now I have one of those awkward amounts of times between classes. My Spanish class let out early (at 3:00) and we have Writing at 3:30. It's not long enough to go to my dorm, get things done, or run errands. All I can do is sit in the study center, take a couple minutes to write this blog, and then waste precious time because there's not enough time to warrant actually getting work done. Oh well. See you guys in a few!



Post on February 25 2011

Created on Friday, 02/25/2011 12:58 AM by Blake Ellison

It's 1:00 in the morning, but since I haven't gotten to sleep it still counts as Thursday right? I get the idea Dr. Paletta isn't too much of a stickler about the timing. This time next week, I'll be packing to go home. I can't wait. College has definitely made me more appreciative of my home, family, and friends. It's kind of annoying how our break doesn't line up with any other school's though. I'll have to visit my friends at their universities!

No comments:

Post a Comment