Sunday, June 19, 2011

Writing Seminar Blogs Part 5: April 18 to April 21

This is my final of the writing seminar blogs! It's a bit shorter than the rest (I guess I didn't evenly divide them) but nevertheless, it's here. I realize that it ends somewhat abruptly and doesn't have quite the nostalgic, reflective, and conclusive nature that one would expect from an end-of-school-year post. I'll write a proper conclusion in the near future now that I have over a month's perspective on the year. Indeed, though I have neglected (yes, I've used this word in many a blog post) my blog, there is much to be discussed! Right now, I'm living in New York City for an internship. There is definitely more on that to come - already I've had several very unique experiences to relate. Until then, feel free to read my anti-climactic end of the writing seminar blog series!


Post on April 18 2011
Created on Monday, 04/18/2011 5:16 PM by Blake Ellison

Tonight, I'm going to the suburbs for a Passover dinner with one of my hallmates. I'm looking forward to getting a glimpse into Jewish culture, not to mention the homemade food and some time outside the city. Though I love Philadelphia, I do miss the relative silence and space of suburbia. As the end of the year approaches, I catch myself imagining my summer. I get intense pulses of excitement for the familiar warmth of Utah in the summer as well as the mystery of living in New York for severl weeks. It'll be a busy summer. Part of me wishes I was spending more time at home while another part of me wants to be away more. There are so many exciting things to do in this world - I'm worried I won't have the time to do them all!



Post on April 20 2011
Created on Wednesday, 04/20/2011 5:31 PM by Blake Ellison

I'm blogging again today because I forgot to blog yesterday. My friends and I back home are planning an awesome roadtrip for this May. Right now, it's looking like we'll take a week in May and go down to Austin, Texas for a week. We're thinking about hanging out around the lakes and enjoying the wonders of the state of Texas. I'm not so sure that it's entirely feasible, but it's making me stoked for the summer!



Post on April 20 2011
Created on Wednesday, 04/20/2011 3:49 PM by Blake Ellison

Today has been a good and productive day thus far. I went for a run, met with Dr. Paletta, and met with my Math professor all before classes this afternoon. Hoepfully the productivity continues because I have a lot of work due within the next week and my mom is visiting this weekend. I'm looking forward to good food and spending time with my mom this weekend. It'll serve as a nice break before finals.



Post on April 21 2011
Created on Thursday, 04/21/2011 6:42 PM by Blake Ellison

I went on a really great run this afternoon. I ran down Walnut all the way to Independence Hall and then ran back to campus along Market. It was a good length for a run and definitely made me appreciate the great weather. In other news, my Mom is coming into town tonight. I'm not entirely sure that it's good timing, but it will be good to get some good food and whatnot. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment