Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Opening of the Season

As I sit in history class, I gaze thoughtfully out the window to a bright day outside. It's a beautiful day and I can't wait to fully experience it after a hard day of testing and note-taking.

Today is the first tennis match of the season and I can't wait. It's been just under a year since I had the chance to experience the high school season. The particular emotions that have historically accompanied this time rush through my body. High school tennis has offered its share of mixed feelings. There have been things that frustrated me and made me, at times, hate the entire concept. On the other hand, I've had great times with good friends on the team and have had many memorable experiences. In my senior and final year on the team, I'm hoping for more of the latter.

The year mark also brings to mind the changes of the past year- as such anniversaries do. I'm reminded of the great things that happened last March through May, both in regards to tennis and otherwise. Today, nothing can be done to change the aspects that fall within the "otherwise" category, but it will signal the beginning of a brand-new tennis season. One that I am determined to make successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment