Sunday, October 4, 2009

Comeuppance of a Long Weekend

I feel like the last week has been blowing by faster than the Hogwarts Express. I haven't had too much "downtime" as my mom calls it. It's been great and I have loved every minute of it, but sometimes I really need a break - time to sit and just... be.

I've thought several times in the last few days, "This would be an awesome thing to write a blog about" and yet now that I have some time to do just that, I'm finding it difficult to either remember those thoughts or simply articulate them. It's almost as though I'm the subject of some sort of thought overload.

My whirlwind of thoughts has a dramatic variety: flashes of "study groups" that didn't do too much studying, Alfred Hitchcock telling of "comeuppance"(my favorite new word), pumping up dozens of balloons to decorate a hotel room, finally meeting someone I've heard so much about, hopping, skipping, traipsing, but not quite running with an incredible friend Downtown, eating Chinese at "Kowloon"with a dozen people, and reflecting on a rainy, yet calm Sunday. This current state of dizzying thought is the comeuppance of a weekend called "UEA".

What more could you want in such a weekend?

Oh, another day of course.

1 comment:

  1. Comeuppance in a sentence three times! You are outdoing Hitchcock himself :)
    Kowloon, Kowdoon, Kowfoon... don't forget the tastiest tofu EVER.

    ReplyDelete