Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life

Honestly, I don't think I have had this much work in my life. Between 4,000-word essays, college applications, and extraneous events beyond my control, I have been harried this week. Weeks like this past one get me down; events pile up on one another and file at the strings holding me together.

Amazingly enough, the littlest of things can reverse the downward spiral of a mood.

A great dinner with people I admire and enjoy; productivity on a Saturday morning; fall colors peering through trees; fierce hockey games; starlit skies above a spanning green field; and talking, sharing, and being with a friend.

It's the simple things in life that make it so extraordinary. Although I may have had a difficult week, I choose to look at the wonderful opportunities and experiences I've had and I can't help but be happy and grateful for the life I've been given.

Life is good, and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. life is good! wow, i did not realize how similar our posts were... i guess we are just on the same wavelength!

    ReplyDelete