Monday, October 26, 2009

Words

Words convey a powerful meaning. So powerful that a simple few can completely turn your world around.

For some reason, someone's words can affect you unlike actions or behaviors. They can twist your stomach, energize your mind, or tear at your heartstrings.

They can paint beautiful images or harsh realities. They can make you exuberantly happy or morosely depressed. They can make you laugh or they can make you cry.

The power of words is both beautiful and terrifying. I ordinarily consider myself to love them, but I don't now.

And yet, in the opening of a mouth or the flash of eyes over text, that sentiment can change - or perhaps already has.

In a brief utterance or message, words can right what was once wrong. They can turn sorrow into joy or despair into hopefulness.

Although words initially struck me down, more have lifted me back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment